IT'S PINKTOBER!!


It's been a while since I have been able to update you. What a more perfect time than October, 1st, the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month. I find that many of my fellow fighters and survivors don't have the same view of Pinktober that I do. They find it pointless, demeaning, and a ploy for big commerce. Yes I've seen some questionable slogans on shirts, companies selling "pink" merchandise without donating, and people throw away awareness flyers without batting an eye. This doesn't mean that the effort to raise awareness should stop. Women and men all around the world need to know the signs and be aware of what to look for. This month isn't just about pink shirts and funny sayings. It's about saving lives and raising awareness. Don't let the negative stigmas get to you. Support Awareness!!

As for me, I just finished my last chemotherapy 😃!! What's next you ask... well for now I will be on maintenance that will control my hormone levels and HER2 proteins to keep My Angel from growing. This will be every three weeks, indefinitely. I am still deciding if this is the forever route I will take. There are many alternative methods out there to consider. I will have a new scan within the next couple of weeks to see what the progress has been since my last CT. Now I will need to get used to the new normal of my life.

What will this normal be? How do I live with breast cancer for the rest of my life when I'm 28? How can I make a difference? These are some of the important questions I think of along with the other smaller questions of will my hair grow back, will I have eyebrows, how do I tell future dates I have cancer, etc... Although those questions have times that they weigh on me heavily, I can't help but to think that I wouldn't change anything that has happened. I would repeat every step again because there are so many positive things that have come from My Angel. I have a newly found confidence that I've never had, that I've always dreamed of having. I have an incredibly renewed faith in humanity after seeing the amazing things that have been done for me by this community. My faith in God is stronger than it has ever been and I feel closer to my family and friends. This process has shown me what and who is important in life. It has shown me the people that will be by my side in hard times and the people who won't. I am grateful for My Angel. I don't know the length of time that I have on this Earth, but I do know that this was one of the best things that could ever happen to me. I can finally start living my life!

If interested here are some links below if you would like to donate in honor of Pinktober:

Young Survival Coalition - https://www.youngsurvival.org/give
Metavivor - https://secure.metavivor.org/page/contribute
SuperStarrStrong Making Strides Team - http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/?fr_id=89527&pg=personal&px=48103815

Comments

  1. I'm so proud of you. Your strength throughout this process has reached the highest mountains. Now, do the things that you have dreamed of. Oh. PS. Remission!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving you is only the half of it!! You have been a True inspiration from the moment you found about your Angel. Your will and strength to fight was amazing and a blessing to watch!! I knew from the day you told me the news that God had you, and that you were going to conquer every bit of what the devil was throwing at you!! You are a true Warrior and I am so blessed to have you in my life!! I love you sis, and I love the look that I see in your eyes!! To God be All of the Glory!!!����❤❤❤❤❤#SuperStarrStrong!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts