Welcome to ME!


Where do I begin! I grew up in small town Illinois in a family of 7! I am also lucky enough to have two half siblings that I didn't get the opportunity to grow up with, but I love to pieces. All in all I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Life as a child wasn't the worst, but wasn't the best. My parents did their best to make ends meet and I appreciate them everyday for it. I was a shy child and have grown a lot in the last year to the "ambivert" status! Last year I suffered from depression and anxiety to a point that it was crippling and effecting daily life. Deciding to get help was one of the best things I have ever done. I started a new job in January and I started the process of buying my first home in March and everything in life was right! The high of happiness was short lived when I was diagnosed with breast cancer on May 9th. My brain was blank, thoughts that normally run wild were gone, and my world paused. As I sat and the doctor explained my diagnosis, it felt surreal. It didn't feel like he was speaking about my body, the one that currently felt fine. They go over the next steps and potential treatment options while I try to wrap my head around the diagnosis. They tell me they are still waiting on my receptor status results and cannot give me concrete answers on treatment. I still sat blank, while acknowledging the doctor's words. The reality didn't click until they told me that chemotherapy could affect my chance of having children. I woke up at that point and realized what this could do to my future. My mother, sister, and best friend comforted me as I let it sink in. I saw a surgeon the next day who said a mastectomy is highly likely and scheduled me for an MRI to make sure my left breast had no sign of a tumor. Still no results of my receptor status. The wait was killing me to the point where I found myself calling the hospital and picking up my own results. Now I wait for my appointment with the oncologist so I can be provided with the treatment plan that will guide the next years of my life. The friends, family, and coworkers that have provided kind words and help to me have kept me going. Although this disease is inside me I still feel strong and I know I'll beat it. Stay with me while I journey through my millennial life as a cancer survivor!

Comments

  1. Love n prayers ��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Young and You are Strong. You are Walking by Faith and not By Site. You will forever remain in my Prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts