From the fog to cloud nine!


I am back to the land of the living after a particularly rough recovery following my last chemo treatment. What is normally a few days of recovery and a small time off work turned into a week of migraines, nausea, vomiting, and general discomfort. Being barely able to see the sunlight for a week and unable to go to work was miserable. It was the complete opposite of what I faced with depression. At that time getting out of bed was the last thing on my mind. Now, I would have done anything to feel better and be able to step outside for just 5 minutes. It made me want to fight harder to feel better and recover. I am happy to say that it is not all for nothing!!

My Angel and the babies are SHRINKING!!! I was nervous getting my CT scan this past Tuesday because I did not know what was going to happen. I knew that the breast tumor was shrinking just by touch, but the liver lesions were an unknown. I never felt like God left my side, but there was still a wave of anxiety that came over me. The results came in this morning just before I was about to head to Peoria and see my surgeon. I looked at the paper and the words that immediately pop out at me are "diminished size" and I am immediately excited. I knew that being sick was worth it because treatment is working, it's not for nothing! That feeling is indescribable and I know that I wouldn't be at this point without the countless number of people who are praying for me and continuing to make sure that I remain positive throughout this whole process. I know that I am not in this battle alone and I am so thankful for every single person who prayed and continues to pray for my complete healing. 

I will continue to fight and I WILL BEAT THIS!! 

Comments

Popular Posts