Center Stage


It's been a while since I have been able to make an update! Between the tests, scans, and the new house it's been hard to get back on. Over the last couple of weeks I have had many tests, scans, exams, etc... to make sure I am ready for chemotherapy and also to see if My Angel has spread. Well... survey (biopsy) says, it has spread to my liver. My Angel has spread its wings and had a little baby. My stage will now be IV, which is the highest stage. When I first found out the results of the CT scan and realized that it was spread, I was angry and sad even though that time it was not definite that it was still cancer. I automatically went to the negative and the statistics that don't work in my favor. Luckily I have friends and family that didn't keep me in that place for long. I accept this as a part of my journey. It will be a harder fight and this may bring more trials to my life, but it's a part of my path. I had surgery this week to have my port implanted so I am ready for treatment. For those of you who don't know (like me before all of this), a port is a plastic disc that connects a catheter to a large vein in order to have any injections, blood drawn, or treatment completed. This makes it much easier so all of these can go through the port instead of a million needle pokes. I get to start treatment next Thursday the 14th! Why am I excited you may ask. Well I am ready to fight! When someone disrespects you or tries to attack you, you have a fight or flight response. In this case mine is fight, and I am ready for it. Wednesday is my 28th birthday so I will be able to enjoy that day with friends and family and be ready to go in the morning. I would love any positive quotes, words, funny stories or compete randomness on first treatment day to keep my spirits up. Thanks to everyone who has donated, prayed, or shared a story so far. They mean the world to me. The next few months will be tough and the years after will still bring some trials as well, but I'm confident that I will get through this.

Now about this new house. I decided to get up and prime my room and I realized that I hate it. Whoever decided that putting up paneling was a good idea was wrong and it sucks to paint. My arms gave up on me and I have two walls left. Someone call HGTV because I am not about this life! Rant over!

Love you all! Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts